Job Description Direct Report Relationship: EVP of Business Development
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT POSITION SUMMARY
- Responsible for the sales process from initial solicitation through contract completion. Includes identifying and sourcing prospective new franchisees, pipeline maintenance and adherence to sales processes. Must passionately represent the brand(s) and be able to ethically coach prospects through the discovery process, financing resolution and market development.
DIRECTOR OF FRANCHISE DEVELOPMENT KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Award 20+ locations per year
- Initial contact with prospects
- Be the brand ambassador for all brands represented
- Follows the sales process with prospective franchisees thoroughly
- Executes monthly and yearly sales objectives with regular tracking and progress reports
- Works closely with the EVP of Business Development on strategic initiatives to achieve goals
- Able to build awareness in respective territories for the brands represented
- Provide tools to assist in achieving goals
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Ethics and integrity of the highest degree
- Always professional, polite and friendly
- Must be able to influence others, identify and overcome objections
- Must have a positive, can do attitude
- Able to grasp concepts quickly and communicate effectively across team members
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Proactive problem solving, solutions oriented.
- Able to be proficient across several brands
- Must be driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit
DIRECTOR OF BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- A 4 year degree in Business or a related field is desired.
- 4+ years of proven accomplishment within Franchise Sales
- Able to travel- Will attend trade shows, conduct market visits with prospects as necessary.
- Must be able to speak passionately and knowledgeably about the brand(s) and business.
- Must display discipline and a competitive spirit.